This blog started when I broke a toilet seat. Yeah. A toilet seat. I was horrified and ready for a change. So I focused hard on changing my eating habits. And then slowly worked walking and exercise into the picture. This blog was my chronicle to fining a happier, healthier me.
And, along the way, I ran a marathon. Fell in love. Got married. Had a baby. Said good-bye to our baby. Found my faith. Bought a house. Rescued a dog. Welcomed our second daughter into the world. Added our son to the mix. Struggled with anxiety and post-partum depression. You know, all the things you do when you stop working so hard on making it happen and just start living your life.
So, now, this blog has evolved to be much more than a chronicle of weight loss. (Though, if I’m being fully transparent I should probably get back at that.) It is a chronicle of my life in Pure Michigan. It’s full of randamity — from talk about family and friends, to running and recipes, to houses and pets, to life and death. And everything in between.
You’ll get to know a bunch of characters on this blog as I chronicle my adventures:
- Mr. B — my husband since September 2012
- Penelope Joy — our daughter, who was born — and died — in fall 2013
- Dottie Lou — our second daughter, who was born in early 2015
- Hobbes — our son, who was born in spring 2017
- Piper Mae — our rescue pup, who joined our family April 5, 2014
We do things in our own way. We struggle, and we trip and fall — a lot. But, mostly we love — BIG.
I can’t promise that I’ll post on a regularly scheduled basis. But I can promise when I do post, it’s because I have something important to say.
I’d love to hear from you. Please feel free to email me your questions or comments to thatsalljoywrote (a) yahoo (dot) com.
Want to know more?
Here are some links to some articles and stories about me and my life:
- Fighting the Good Fight, Fox 17, February 2014
- Mended Little Hearts, WJRW 1340AM, February 2014
- Penelope Joy Baker, MLive, October 2014 (obituary)
- Born Again, The Grand Traverse Insider, May 2012
- Embarrassing event sparks Comstock Park woman to drop 100 pounds, earn Michigan honor, Grand Rapids Press | MLive, April 2012
- Inspirational Journey, The Grand Traverse Insider, August 2011
- Comstock Park woman named Fitness Ambassador, Advance Newspapers, August 2011
- Kim Focused on Healthy Choices and Lost 100 Pounds, The Huffington Post/AOL, August 2011