I got some fennel in my first bin from Doorganics yesterday. I’ve never cooked fennel, so I had no idea what to do with it. I found a couple of recipes, but nothing was sounding like what I wanted when I got home. When in doubt: Roast it. So that’s what I did.
Ingredients (Serves: 1)
- One bulb fennel, cut in wedges
- Four very baby potatoes (also courtesy Doorganics), cut in half
- 1 cup zucchini, sliced in fairly thick slices and cut in half (again, Doorganics)
- 1/3 cup onion
- Approx. 2 tsp. olive oil
- Spices of your choice (I used Penzey’s Mural of Flavor)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Place roaster pan in oven while it heats
- Chop vegetables
- Place all vegetables in zipper bag with olive oil and spices
- Shake bag to fully coat all veggies
- Once oven is heated, remove roaster pan and put veggies in it
- Bake for 25 minutes, until veggies are tender
- Serve with your choice of protein. Tonight’s choice? Trader Joe’s Mango Chicken Sausage, which I sliced then grilled in my grill pan and mixed in with the veggies.