OK, so I’ve been quiet. I’m sorry — I really do miss writing and “talkin’” with all of you. But, sometimes when my heart is heavy all I want to do is write. Other times, my muse hides away in the deepest caverns of my soul and comes out when she’s darn well good and ready. Plus, I have been on vacation. And it was busy — and fun. Here’s a quick top 10 13 of the things I’ve been doing. I’ll be back later with full recaps on vacation, skydiving (!) and my 15k race.
- I went skydiving. Holy crap, I still can’t believe I did it!
- I spent some lazy beach time — and didn’t feel self conscious in my suit. At. All. Win, win, win, win, win.
- I worked on the farm — at our market and in the cherry trees.
- I ate way too many cherries to count.
- I spent some much-needed time reading for fun and chilling out in the sunshine (lathered with my SPF 50, of course).
- I ran. Even returned home to fit in a bootcamp session.
- I hung out with Rosebud a lot — though, “a lot” is not enough. There may have been some crying. And some ice cream. There may also have been a killer butt-kickin’ bootcamp mini session that caused RB to not be able to sit for two days. (Also win.)
- I spent one-on-one time with Mom and with Dad. I needed it. So did they. There may have been some crying.
- I got to play lots with my nieces and nephews. Family time is (mostly) fun time.
- I went on a boat and visited with my brother. RB was there, too (of course)!
- I helped build a grill.
- I caught up with some of my oldest and dearest friends.
- I ran a 15k race during the National Cherry Festival. There was a very big hill.
A couple pictures: