In which I discuss five things I’m wanting:
- Balance — I’m working on finding a balance between losing weight/focusing on health and fitness and the rest of my life. To do this, I’ve started a 52 Book Challenge for 2011, so I have other goals unrelated to losing weight. I’ve also decided to start seeing a therapist to talk through some of these feelings/issues. In addition, I’m working on putting more focus on developing some social circles and refocusing on some of my friendships. I’m hoping these small steps will add up to something big.
- Romance — Yeah, I’m a big, sappy girl. I just want a little romance in my life. Candles, flowers, music, homemade dinners, dancing. I believe that, like magic, we can create our own romance. And I try: bubble baths, soothing tunes, cuddly blankets on the couch. But it’s almost always better with company.
- Play Day — I want a snow day so I can gather up a group of friends and family and go frolic in the snow. I want to wear snowpants and mittens and have cold, rosy cheeks. I want to build a snowman. I want to have a big bonfire. Oh, and there will definitely be hot cocoa — with marshmallows.
- World Peace — Now hear me out. I know this is lofty (and cliché), but it’s important. I am deeply saddened/ashamed/shocked every time I hear of another hate-filled occurrence somewhere in the world. Everything from bullying to war and random acts of violence to hate-filled speech. It’s disturbing and disgusting and it makes me sad for the state of our world. I believe in the power of love, of kindness, of respect, of understanding. And I believe that it starts with the individual.
- A New Purse/Bag — Yeah, another lofty “want” with some deep meaning. But, hey: my list, my rules. I’m wanting a purse that’s big enough to hold more than my wallet, my glasses and my small calendar. I want to be able to throw my book in my purse so it’s with me wherever I go. Oh yes, and I want it to be the super cutest.